18 Febbraio 2015
Every woman has a beauty icon- someone who is so gorgeous and has their signature look that she wants to emulate on herself. For some, it’s Hollywood legends Marilyn Monroe or Audrey Hepburn, and for others it’s someone like their grandmother. Either way, one thing is for certain- all beauty icons have their signature look that gave them their title. Here are a few ways to look like a beauty icon.
To start off, you need a nice canvas to work with. Makeup goes on easier and looks its best when the skin is prepped properly. To get great skin, exfoliate a few times a week to get rid of dead skin, and then follow up with a rich moisturizer (you can use Shinso Glow and Essence for both of these routines). After following a skincare routine like this, you’ll start to see results after a few weeks. You’ll notice your makeup goes on easier and looks a lot better.
Next, it’s time to find shades that work with your hair, eyes and skintone. What makes a beauty icon stand out from regular women is that she knows these things and works with them to her advantage. If you have lighter hair, eyes and skintone, you generally are cool-toned. If you have darker hair, skin or eyes, you generally are warm-toned. Cool tones look best in silvery shades, like blues, purples and greens, while warm tones look best in gold shades, like reds, oranges and browns. If someone compliments you when wearing a certain shade of clothing or makeup, take notes. That is generally what works best for you.
Embrace your imperfections. Whether it’s a mole above your lip or very thick eyebrows, every woman has something unique and special about her appearance. Embrace it and make it work for you- it will become your “signature”, and all beauty icons have a signature.
08 Febbraio 2015
Whether you have a hot date lined up or are going out with your girl friends, almost everyone has some sort of Valentines’ Day plans. To feel your best, you want to look your best, especially for a special occasion. Here are a few ways to pamper yourself to look great for the holiday of love.
Indulge your skin. It’s the perfect time to pamper yourself with the gift of luxurious skincare- like the Shinso Line. Shinso Essence is a luxurious serum that instantly rejuvenates and tightens your skin, while it goes to work on the deepest layers to boost collagen production. It helps to smooth and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles giving you a similar topical botox like effect naturally. Shinso Mist invigorates and revitalizes your skin. Lastly, Shinso Glow exfoliates and rejuvenates the skin, leaving it refreshed and glowing.
Indulge in a nice massage. Massages are a great way to relax and also make great gifts. Soak in a hot bath with your favorite essential oils to start. This leaves you feeling clean and relaxed. Next, make an appointment for a massage ( solo or couples) and relax.
Indulge in a mani/pedi. If you want to save some money, you can always DIY at home. Soak feet in warm water, exfoliate with a foot scrub, then apply a rich foot lotion. Pick out a few of your favorite shades (red and pink are perfect for the holiday!)
10 Dicembre 2014
With the holidays right around the corner, more and more shoppers are out shopping for the perfect gifts. Women are sometimes known as being “hard to buy for”, but we know that one way to a woman’s heart is great skin. While you can’t actually give the gift of great skin, you can help along the way with the following gifts.
A trip to the spa. Nothing puts a woman’s mind at ease like a nice, relaxing trip to the spa. She can get a massage, treat herself to a wax and opt for a deep-cleansing facial. At-home facial and spa treatments are great, but let her indulge in the best of the best by having her see a professional. Most spas or facial salons offer gift certificates that can be easily purchased online or at the front desk.
Shinso Skincare products. Your wife, girlfriend, mother or sister might not usually like to treat herself to quality skincare products, so why not surprise her with the gift of Shinso Skincare products. Whether it’s Essence, Mist or Glow, there is a Shinso product for her specific needs.
A gift card to your local beauty or department store. Specialty beauty stores carry unique brands and products that are hard to find at drugstore or supermarkets, while department stores carry high-end brands that are hard to find. A gift card to one of these places ensures your special friend that she can get whichever product she wants, while you don’t have to worry about getting a gift receipt to return it.
04 Novembre 2014
Dermatologist Dr. Paul Cohen recently stopped by a Canadian morning television show to share tips on how to care for skin during cancer treatments and the do’s and don’ts of taking care of your skin. Among the products he highlighted was Shinso Essence. Below is an overview of all the helpful tips Dr. Cohen touched on during the 5-minute segment.
- Two of the most common changes in the skin during and after cancer treatments are rashes and sun sensitivity.
- While you’re undergoing cancer therapy, it’s crucial to soothe, heal and protect your skin.
- A large concern of those undergoing cancer treatments is dehydration. Patients often ask what the best moisturizer out there is. Look for products with natural moisturizing ingredients, such as oatmeal.
- Avoid products with fragrance or perfume, since the overpowering scents could cause nausea or make it worse.
- For itchy skin or rashes, use cortisone cream to soothe the skin.
- Always apply a sunscreen- look for hypoallergenic versions to avoid any irritations to the skin.
- Shinso products- especially Essence- are like a “facelift in a bottle”. Dr. Cohen praises the products created by a “Japanese rocket scientist” for their face-lifting properties. All Shinso products are also made without parabens or harsh chemicals.
- Stay away from any irritants when using makeup or other beauty products.
You can view the video here: http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=478471&playlistId=1.2076720&binId=1.815911&playlistPageNum=1&binPageNum=1
07 Ottobre 2014
Shinso Essence has a variety of uses, making it a versatile product every woman- and man- should keep in his bathroom cabinet. This breakthrough beauty serum does it all, saving you space in your beauty bag and space in your wallet. Here are a few of the best uses for Shinso Essence.
- Use it as an eye serum. Many women show signs of aging the most in their eyes- whether it’s lines, wrinkles or droopy eyelids. Apply Essence carefully around your ends- patting the product on for the largest benefit.
- Use it to lift your neck. Many women forget to apply moisturizer, or any skincare product, to their necks. Applying a product solely to your face will only emphasize the signs of aging on your neck. Next time you apply Essence to your face, be sure to add some to your neck.
- Use it to hide fine lines and wrinkles. Shinso Essence instantly rejuvenates and tightens your skin, while it goes to work on the deepest layers to boost collagen production. This boost of collagen helps to smooth and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles giving you a similar topical botox like effect naturally. With regular use, Shinso Essence will reveal the true you with firmer and smoother skin.
- Use it as a multi-purpose night cream. Apply 3-4 pumps of Shinso Essence using light, upward strokes over the entire face and neck area until absorbed. Then go to sleep and let the product sink in overnight.